Monday, May 24, 2010

Cloves and Pain...

This past week I called my sister Aubrey to check to see how she was doing. She had STREP!

Here's a little background about my relationship with strep. It was a long and intimate relationship. It lasted weeks, then months. I knew He wasn't good for me but I was vulnerable and tired. Each time we connected I was left emotionally and physically drained. We just weren't good for each other. I tried and tried to get Strep to understand. After breaking up and getting back together 3-4 times Strep started stalking me. No matter what I'd do or where I'd go there he was. I vowed that this ridiculous obsession had to end. I made a painful decision that I don't regret but don't wish on anyone else. I had to rid myself of my feature that continually attracted Strep. I HAD TO GET A TONSILLECTOMY!!!! AT 25. During our time together I explored so many options to dull the pain and here is one that I shared with my sister and will now share with you....

We all know that there are pain relievers but this is a safe, effective one that I used PLENTY of times. (It's also effective for toothaches and canker sores and sore gums)

Clove gargle
2 T. whole cloves
1 c. water
Simmer cloves for 5-10 min. Rest until cool. Gargle AND swallow. This can be done as often as is necessary.

Why?? Clove is a mild topical anesthetic (dulls pain), antiseptic, disinfectant, anti-microbial against fungi and bacteria, relieves nausea, and stimulates the digestive system. it's also used to rid the body of intestinal worms and helps to de-congest.

I have used this and now my sister has. She sent me a text (because she couldn't talk) that read, "Wow, thank you! That's better for the pain than the vicodin!"

Aubs, I hope you're feeling better and am glad I could help.

I am sharing these remedies so that when you are in pain or sick you can reach into a file in your brain and remember what the remedies are, how to use them and in the meantime be safe and frugal.

Quote of the day: Little minds talk about people, Average minds talk about events, and GREAT minds talk about ideas.

Assignment: Say what needs to be said, do what needs to be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment